25 Mar A look into how difficult breaking through security windows would be
In this day and age, leaving your home unprotected is a risk that just isn’t worth taking, especially considering the country that we live in. There are several measures you can take to fully secure your home, including reinforcing your doors, investing in an alarm system, as well as installing burglar bars on your windows.
In this blog, we’re going to be taking a look into security windows – what they are and why they work so well for those who invest in them.
What are security windows?
The term “security window can refer to a few different security devices and tools designed specifically to secure your windows, such as (but not limited to):
- Burglar bars;
- Security window film;
- Reinforced shatterproof windows;
- Reinforced frame security windows, and many more.
For the sake of conservation, we’re going to take a look at how security window film and burglar bars are effective in keeping the bad guys out and securing your most prized position.
How burglar bars keep criminals out
Starting with the most common security measure for your home’s windows, burglar bars are pretty straightforward window security measures. They can act as both barriers and detergents in that they can ward off any criminals that stake out your home. In terms of being a solid barrier for your home, burglar bars make it difficult for thieves to get into your property because:
- They’re made from materials that aren’t easily penetrable;
- The gaps in between burglar bars are too small for anyone to fit in between;
- If maintained correctly, burglar bars can last you a very long time, saving you in security expenses over time.
How security window film keeps criminals out
We all know how fragile glass can be, especially the hard and brittle glass used in the construction industry to create the ever-so-important products that shield your home’s windows from external elements and factors, natural or otherwise.
Security window film is a unique material that is made from one or several layers of polyester film that has been laminated together with special adhesives. This security film, which is transparent and barely detectable, is then applied to one or both sides of your window’s glass.
Security window films are highly effective at keeping the bad guys out of your home, here’s why:
- Security films, because of the materials they’re made from, are shatterproof, granting them the ability to keep out burglars and prevent vandalism;
- Because of their shatterproof properties, windows armed with security film are extremely difficult to break through. One would need a considerable amount of force to breach a secured window, increasing their entry time by up to three minutes. This gives those on the other side of the break-in enough time to call for help, a factor that most criminals wouldn’t risk.
The bottom line?
Breaking through a security window, regardless of the measure taken to secure the window, is in many cases too difficult a task for thieves to take a risk with. So, why not invest in a security window for your home, office, or establishment? We’ve got you covered in that department, get in touch with us today if you’d like to learn more!